Produced in small batches using 100% B.C. malted barley, B.C.’s oldest craft distillery releases the exclusive Laird of Fintry ‘Scotch-style’ Single Malt Whisky only once a year through a lottery. To enter the lottery you must be a Whisky Club member, sign up today to be the first to hear about Okanagan Spirits whisky releases.
Is it Scotch?
If the Laird of Fintry was made in Scotland it would be, but as only Single Malt Whiskies made in Scotland can call themselves “Scotch”, we celebrate ours as BC’S Original Single Malt Whisky! The Laird is homegrown Okanagan to its core and fiercely proud of it.
After years of barrel-aging in French and American Oak, this Single Malt is smooth, non-peated and combines solid forest notes of toasted oak with more delicate tones of vanilla, plum, raisins, caramel and spice.
Why ‘The Laird of Fintry’?
Okanagan Spirits Craft Distillery wanted to pay homage to the Okanagan when naming its Single Malt Whisky.
‘The Laird of Fintry’ title is based on the true story of James Cameron Dun-Waters, the ‘Laird’ of Fintry estates in Fintry, BC, who in the early 1900s ordered a special batch of personally labelled Single Malt Whisky (Scotch) from his homeland Scotland.
Using a replica of the original label, Okanagan Spirits Craft Distillery wanted to honour the history of whisky in the Okanagan.
In turn, it also supports the ‘Friends of Fintry Society‘ with an annual donation to help maintain the original property of The Laird.
Lottery Terms and Conditions
- By entering the lottery it does not guarantee a purchase but puts the entrant in the running to be a lottery winner.
- The lottery is open until Sept. 30, winners will be contacts Oct. 6
- To qualify for the Laird of Fintry lottery the entrant must be of legal drinking age in B.C. (19-years-old).
- An accurately spelled and valid e-mail address and phone number must be provided, this will be the medium of contacting winners. By entering your details you give Okanagan Spirits permission to contact you via phone and e-mail.
- Only one entry per person is allowed, multiple entries will be removed. Only one bottle of the Laird is available per winner.
- After winners are contacted they have one week to acknowledge their win, if there is no response after a week another entry will be drawn for the bottle.
- The winner must pick up their bottle of the Laird in person at the Kelowna or Vernon distillery by Nov.30, it can alternatively be shipped to the recipient for a fee or included in our free shipping programme.
- Winners must provide valid identification on pick-up/shipping.
- Bottle returns ($4 discount) do not apply to the Laird.
- The winners will be notified via e-mail, upon no response they will be contacted by phone.
- The Laird will retail at $75 (before tax)